Friday, February 22, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my Android Experience blog. There is not much here right now as I have just taken my first step into the curves of the Android Platform. I am hoping to learn as much as I can in developing some applications on this platform.

Currently, I have downloaded Eclipse IDE and successfully configured the ADT Plugin. Wohooo! But I am still having some trouble running my first application: the sample discussed by Dan Morill on YouTube.

The code won't compile and it is complaining on the line:

i.setData(Phones.CONTENT_URI.addId(phoneId));

It seems that addId method is no longer supported? I am still looking for the solution.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try this line

    i.setData (ContentUris.withAppendedId (Phones.CONTENT_URI,phoneId));

    ReplyDelete